What can I recyle?
- Paper: white paper, newspaper, brochures & pamphlets, brown paper, etc.
- Glass: all glass containers (bottles, jugs, etc).
- Plastic: beverage bottles, dairy containers, cups, bags, etc.
- Cans: all cool drink cans, canned food tins, spray cans, etc.
- Cardboard (cartons and all cardboard boxes)
- Tetra (milk and juice containers)
- E-waste (computer equipment, radios, electronic equipment, cartridges and toners)
- Car Batteries (Scrap Salvage)
- Chips Packets: These are used in the Refuse Derived Fuel plant to generate energy (Rent-A-Drum)
- Styrofoam Trays, Plastic Lids: These are used in the Refuse Derived Fuel plant to generate energy (Rent-A-Drum)
- Pet Food Bags: These are used in the Refuse Derived Fuel plant to generate energy (Rent-A-Drum)
- Computers, Key Boards, Phones, Electrical Items: Classified as E Waste (Transworld Cargo E-Waste, Scrap Salvage, Inspired Technology)
What can not be Recycled?
- NO mirror or window glass
- NO cling wrap or Styrofoam
- NO organic matter (food scraps, garden refuse)
- NO chemicals, paints, liquids of any kind of highly inflammable materials
- Foil: It is classified as a metal
- X-Rays: Although it consists of 2 recyclable materials (plastic / silver), it is not economically viable (but done in Europe and elsewhere)
- Pizza Boxes: Although made of cardboard, these boxes are often contaminated with grease/food making them unrecyclable
- Household Batteries: These are to be safely disposed of at the hazardous waste section of the landfill (check with your municipality/town council), or check for collection bins issued by RNF/VARTA Namibia.
(Pick n Pay points, Pupkewitz Megabuild, Dagbreek School)
- Plastic Containers with Toxic Contents: Containers that were filled with highly toxic contents are un-recyclable
(Contact your town council / municipality)
Rent-A-Drum : Windhoek, Swakopmund, Walvis Bay, Henties Bay, Oranjemund.
Contact Tel 244097.
Kleentek Waste Management : Windhoek.
Contact Tel 083 330 6035
Erongo Drum cc – Omaruru, Usakos, Arandis, Outjo, Otjiwarongo, Khorixas.
Contact – 081 242 0006
Sam’s Bin – Okahandja, Groot Aub, Rehoboth, Kalkrand, Mariental and Keetmanshoop.
Contact – 081 124 7812
Ngunga Investment – Windhoek, Okahandja
Contact – 081 623 5927
Karools Waste Collector – Katima Mulilo
Contact 081 693 3023
Henties Bay Recycling – Henties Bay
Contact 081 705 4631
Scrap Salvage – Windhoek, Swakopmund, Walvis Bay, Oshakati, Ondangwa, Rundu
Contact Tel – 061- 300444
Transworld Cargo E-Waste
Contact Tel: 061 – 371 100