We don’t have to engage in grand, heroic actions to participate in change. Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.
- Howard Zinn -
Involving your employees in going green can lead to the creation of a unified team that is more motivated, productive and engaged. Working together you can build an understanding of good business ethics and corporate responsibility. Here are some pointers to get you going.
- Make sure all management staff set a good example.
- Use energy-efficient bulbs for interior lighting.
- Reduce paper usage by doing digital presentations and only printing what is necessary.
- Switch to reusable pens and printer ink cartridges to reduce waste.
- Make sure all the lights and non-essential equipment are turned off when the work day is done.
- Set up recycling stations in the workplace.
- Organise green projects that benefit the environment and local communities.
- Create a Green Team, consisting of people from all walks of life, and offer training to your employees.
- Encourage Green Initiatives and reward those that set a good example.
- Make sure your Green Goals are visible to everyone, staff and clients alike.